Preppy dressing was refered to as conventional or optimistic dressing in the past, wherein ‘square’ people or boring dressers would dress in this fashion. But come the summer of 2011, preppy style of dressing makes a come back in a fun geeklovin’ sort of way. Its one of my favorite trends, hopefully you’ll love it!
StyleTIPS: what you need for this look:
· Be Neat
· Add detail- a bow, a broach, a scarf or a cute hat- carry an umbrella on hot days
· More real, less dressy- No dangling earrings, leave those high heels
· Color specific: work with pastels, patterns and stripes along with primary colors
· Keep it sporty: Try blank white pair of converse shoes, straight khakhis, denim shirts and leather belts
· Androgyny: That means a girl dressing up like a boy. That’s all you need to know of the term androgyny in fashion- its dressing up in a masculine way.